Thanks for stopping by.
Like all the Guides at About.com, I'm a real person (no, really, I am).
You can email me at email@example.com.
- Is there a VCL Examples Repository? I need to know how to use TButton, TEdit, ect.?
- The VCL - Visual Component Library provides controls and components - building blocks - you use to create Delphi programs. Using the VCL is as simple as: A) Select a control and add it to a form; B) Set property values and C) Respond to events that might occur to the component at runtime. In real life you'll need to know how to handle properties and set event handlers - and examples will help you most: Delphi VCL Example Reference - Usage Examples, Tips and Tricks.
- I'm comming from Visual Basic, what is the best way to start learning Delphi?
- Delphi for Visual Basic developers provides specific information and resources to help developers migrate their applications (knowledge and skills) from VB to Borland Delphi.
- Do you have a newsletter (free) that I can subscribe to? Where is the best place to ask questions on Delphi?
- In short: yes. Newsletter, Forum!
- Where can I learn/find out about Delphi online?
- See the Delphi 101series for beginners.
- Where can I find various freeware/shareware Delphi components?
- Check out the In pursuit for components article.
- Where can I find various tips, FAQ's and code samples?
- See the FAQs/Tips/Tricks section.
- Is there a way to learn Delphi RTL online?
- RTL Quick Reference brings you another Delphi routine (built in function or procedure) every day. The easiest way to learn.
- Where can I learn database programming with Delphi?
- The ree Online Delphi Database Course is perfect for Delphi database beginners as well as for those who want a broad overview of the art of database programming with Delphi.
- I want to upload my Delphi component / application, can I do that?
- Of course! Free source area is just the place. Post your code for free and show it to the World.
- Will Delphi die? Should I dump Delphi?
- Of coure ;) Here's why: Top 10 Fun Reasons why you Should Stop Using Delphi, now!