It's official: Delphi is no longer "Borland Delphi", it's "CodeGear Delphi"!
For a long time, the main page of the delphi.about.com (this) site was "About Borland Delphi Programming", then I turned it into "About Borland ("Devco") Delphi Programming", today (11/14/2006) the *new name* is
"About CodeGear Delphi Programming"!
TCodeGear.Enhance(Delphi)And just when everybody felt nothing will happen (with Borland plans to sell its IDE business), Borland Developers Tool Group (DTG) transforms into a new company: CodeGear.
CodeGear is the new company that is born of Borland - a company totally focused on developers.
Here are the most interesting points:
- CodeGear is totally focused on developers.
- CodeGear was not sold by Borland due to several issues: price, userbase future, products future and some more.
- CodeGear is owned by Borland.
- CodeGear is NOT completely controlled by Borland.
- CodeGear will not focus on just a "few" programming languages (Delphi, Delphi .NET, Java, C++, C#).
- CodeGear separation is expected to be complete before the end of this year (2006)
For a vast amount of blog posts and comments related to CodeGear visit: delphifeeds.com
What all this has to do with you, a visitor/reader of the About Delphi Programming site? Well, not much.
I'll keep on providing you with Delphi related tutorials, tips and articles. The name has changed, but the beast is still the best development tool ;)
Go Delphi, go CodeGear!