The following new components and classes have been introduced to the Visual Component Library in Delphi 2006:
- TTrayIcon - use the TTrayIcon component to create an icon in the system tray next to the clock. TTrayIcon has events for mouse clicks, properties for menus and animation of the icon, and methods for showing balloon hints.
- TFlowPanel - use TFlowPanel to put an empty flow panel on a form. The major difference between a traditional panel and a flow panel is the way in which controls are placed. In a flow panel, each control is placed in a specific location, regardless of where you place it with the mouse. The automatic location is controlled by the FlowStyle property.
- TGridPanel - in a grid panel, you specify the number of rows and columns on the panel, then each component is placed into the next available cell in the grid, regardless of where you place it with the mouse. If each grid contains a control and you add more controls, the location for the new controls is determined by the ExpandStyle property.
- TCustomTransparentControl - use TCustomTransparentControl as the base class for drawing transparent controls.
- TMargins - TMargins is used in the Margins property of TControl and its descendants. It specifies the margins of a control.
- TPaddings - TPadding is used in the Padding property of TControl and its descendants. It specifies the padding of a control.