1. Computing

Get Delphi Certified For FREE!

By June 14, 2011

in Certifications :: As announced a month ago, the open "Delphi Certification Beta Program" is now finalized and certification exams are now available for Delphi developers.

The Embarcadero Certification Center provides two types of tests one can take to become a recognized (and to have a "proof" for an employer or a potential customer that you have what it takes to get the job done) member of the global Delphi community.

The two certifications are "Delphi Developer" and "Delphi Master Developer".

The Delphi Certified Developer exam tests your general knowledge of Delphi programming concepts. You will be tested on language syntax, programming techniques, using the IDE, and database development.

The Delphi Certified Master Developer exam tests your advanced knowledge of Delphi programming concepts, software architecture choices, and the depth and breadth of Delphi XE's software development capabilities. You will be tested on fundamental and advanced Delphi language syntax, programming techniques, using the IDE, building projects and groups, component use and development, and your experience in architecting and building desktop, client/server, Internet and multi-tier applications.

Get Certified for FREE!
If you're a registered Delphi XE user or RAD Studio XE user, you are eligible to take the certification test free of charge by July 31, 2011.

How to Pass the Test?

1. Make sure you read the Delphi Certification FAQs.
  2. Study materials are available in the Delphi Developer Certification Exam Study Guide and Delphi Master Developer Certification Exam Study Guide (depending on the test you want to take).
  3. Follow "Delphi Developer Certification Tips " by Andreano Lanusse
  4. Don't miss anything on this site (About Delphi Programming) as it is listed under "Delphi Programming Web Sites" in the Certification Study Guides :)
Comments
June 14, 2011 at 6:48 am
(1) Asep Muhajir says:

I think I need to take either of the tests provided, after indulging in Delphi for 10 years or so. In fact, I never went to a university majoring in Information Technology, but I learn Delphi by myself with “an unofficial tutor”. Like everyone else on the Delphi community, I’m really looking forward to a good result of the upcoming tests. Thank you for sharing this info with us, Zarko. Two thumbs up!

June 14, 2011 at 6:50 am
(2) Asep Muhajir says:

I think I need to take either of the tests provided, after indulging in Delphi for 10 years or so. In fact, I never went to a university majoring in Information Technology, but I managed to learn Delphi (Delphi 3 at that time) by myself with “an unofficial tutor”. Like everyone else on the Delphi community, I’m really looking forward to a good result of the upcoming tests. Thank you for sharing this info with us, Zarko. Two thumbs up!

June 14, 2011 at 6:53 am
(3) Asep Muhajir says:

On a separate note, I managed to learn Delphi using Delphi 3, and then 5, and finally 7. I believe I should try to get the hang of Delphi XE as well.

June 14, 2011 at 8:04 am
(4) coldtech says:

Another worthless certification that will be obselete before the ink dries.

I may get one so I can hang it next to my CNE certificate in my basement.

June 14, 2011 at 10:00 am
(5) goodboy says:

Coldtech, I will not waste time listing the benefits and innovations contained in the Delphi language because as I saw your comment, not worth it, but keep the words you said, for one day, you swallow them.

June 14, 2011 at 11:23 am
(6) coldtech says:

I use Delphi daily and have since version 1, and TP5.5 through BP7 before that.

I never said Delphi was worthless just certifications.

Read what I wrote not what you think I wrote.

July 25, 2011 at 8:41 pm
(7) Joko Rivai says:

I think coldtech was right. Free certifications do not guarantee anything to developers nor their customers. This might be a marketing strategy or something.

September 20, 2011 at 2:31 am
(8) rockz manila says:

delphi still rocks for windows RAD.

November 30, 2011 at 12:21 pm
(9) Nicolas C Perez says:

I have been working with Delphi from Delphi 1 and before from turbo pascal 2 and before with ucsd pascal and before with algol. ( with C the same history )

I love pascal/delphi it is the most elegant and structured programing lenguage. If anyone doubts this is because they know little about programming style.

I believe that Embacadero with XE2 have moved delphi/cb/jb to a realy new level, it has been the best that I have seen in programming, interface and tools, we will be speaking about them from now on.

But I do not believe in certifications like this. 60 questions in 60 minutes is ridiculous. This seems more a reading speed test or mental agility test than a test of knowledge, you do not have time to think.

What is this, a race of 100 meters or a knowledge test?

I hope that at least these tests are not like those of Microsoft, with small linguistic tricks that are hard to overcome even by people who speak English as their first language.

I particularly do not know what to do, if you take the test or not, I do not believe in this kind of knowledge test against the clock, but have something that says that you have a certification has some value.