1. Computing
in Delphi :: When you want to learn a new programming language you pick a book or find an online tutorial. The first project you will create would be a "hello world" type of application - such a program should be one of the simplest programs possible in a computer programming language.

After a few "hello world" programs, you would start building your fist non-trivial application.

Share your Delphi past: What Was Your First (Not a "Hello World" Type) Delphi Application?

Related:

Comments
July 6, 2009 at 5:29 am
(1) Ken Knopfli says:

First Turbo Pascal (3/4) application: Calibration suite for devices that protect aircraft from guided missile homing systems. Talk about being thrown in the deep end!

First Delphi (1) application: Oracle front-end for Pharmaceutical industry (ODBC didn’t work properly with Oracle back then, Borland’s SQL-Links did, so we chose Delphi, not MS-C++)

July 6, 2009 at 5:49 am
(2) Zarko Gajic says:
July 6, 2009 at 9:46 am
(3) Ray Andrews says:

My employer did the catalog fulfillment for Phillip/Morris (the stuff you got for mailing in points). The boss came to me and said they needed a program to track the postage for everything they were sending out for all of the brands. I said I “need” this new Delphi(1) software. The program took two weeks and worked like a charm for 5 years. Side note: I was never questioned on the need for development software ever again.

July 8, 2009 at 10:31 pm
(4) J Jones says:

Using Delphi(1/2) in the EDI financial world, an “instrument transfer” translator. Verified data entry transactions were translated into mainframe-ready transactions and posted to a server. Then I wrote my “Hello World!” program :)

July 5, 2011 at 5:31 am
(5) Fritz Franz says:

My first Delphi (3) app was an importer for data beeing delivered in an access DB on CD into the dbase DB of ERP systems we still developed in Clipper. This was 1998.

July 6, 2011 at 9:25 am
(6) Jim Stanley says:

My first app was a program that accepted a file name and displayed the contents as RGB colors, in Delphi 1.

My second was a hex viewer for files.