Ok, so now that you know what Twitter is, you probably are asking how can I build a Delphi application to allow me and my friends to tweet more easily :)
You should be looking at the Twitter API - allowing developers to build upon and extend their applications in new and creative ways.
If you do not have the time, here's what can help you start building your own twitter-aware Delphi applications:
- TTwiter is a Delphi component made to provide complete and simple integration of Twitter's features into your Delphi application(s). Supports Twitter's OAuth authentication. Free, open source.
- Twitter Checker is a small application that checks your Twitter account and popups a ballon tooltip when one of your friends tweets. It's useful for people who are starting with twitter and don't want to have a full twitter client open all day but want to know when their friends tweet. Twitter Checker is written in Delphi 2009 and is released as Freeware and Open Source.
- Dwitterphi - the Delphi native Twitter client The idea is to build a great light weight (lighter than Air) native Twitter client with Delphi 2009. It will show off some of the cool Delphi 2009 features and will be available as open source via the MPL 1.1 or New BSD licenses. While it uses some amazing 3rd party licenses, the goal is to make it buildable by everyone with Delphi 2009.
- Twitter for Delphi code The TTwiter class you can use as the start point. The author developed TTwitter as a proof of concept for an idea he had.
- Twitter Desktop Client - powered by Delphi any by Andreano Lanusse
- Using Twitter API with Delphi
If you are aware of more Delphi powered Twitter code .. so let us know by commenting this post.