1. Computing

Delphi Programming Almanacs: 1998. - 2012. Something for Every Delphi Developer: Beginner or a Guru!

By December 27, 2012

in Delphi Almanacs :: According to Wikipedia, an almanac is an annual publication containing tabular information in a particular field or fields often arranged according to the calendar.

A Delphi Programming Almanac would then be an annual reference e-book (?) composed of articles, tutorials, tips and tricks relating to programming in Delphi.

A wannabe Delphi programmer, a Delphi beginner or a Delphi guru / expert? 15 years of Delphi programming content available for you (for free)!

1998. - 2012. Delphi Programming by Zarko Gajic

An almanac for a year lists only articles, tips and resources that were originally published during the selected year. All materials written by Zarko Gajic, some contributed by other Delphi developers.

Comments
December 29, 2009 at 5:25 pm
(1) captnkrunch says:

why aren’t all of these searchable? that would make them useful.

December 29, 2009 at 7:48 pm
(2) Alin says:

one huge (search enabled) pdf file will be awesome

December 29, 2009 at 8:17 pm
(3) Roland Smelt says:

In stead of asking for more, I would like to express my respect for the incredible amount of dedication shown by Zarko!

December 29, 2009 at 10:51 pm
(4) captnkrunch says:

Mr. Smelt is, of course, very correct. I have always found Zarko’s articles to be topical, useful, clever and often elegant. I’m simply suggesting that their residual value would be greatly enhanced if his collection could be searched when a dilemma presents itself.

December 30, 2009 at 4:05 am
(5) Zarko Gajic says:

@all: Thanks! Btw, there *is* a search box on top of the page (right top corner) where you can type in queries and it will bring up all the articles related to your search.

All the best for 2010.

January 1, 2010 at 12:24 am
(6) captnkrunch says:

Yes there is a search box there but it appears to search far more than just the delphi tip almanacs. It, of course, is better than nothing. Thanks again, Zarko! Happy New Year.

January 1, 2010 at 6:33 pm
(7) Michael` says:

Is there a way to download the ‘almanacs’ in XML, PDF, TXT or Database file for offline usage? :D

January 2, 2010 at 10:34 am
(8) Steve Savasky says:

How about a CD for sale

December 28, 2010 at 5:47 pm
(9) Boz says:

Agreed. Love Delphi, but since the delphi help went to the new microsoft help format I’ve used google instead to get my delphi help. I regularly get this site in the top ten and immediately go to it first as its usually the most helpful and most clearly explained with examples.

Keep up the great work, the internet (and Delphi) need more helpful sites like this

December 29, 2010 at 2:16 am
(10) Eitan says:

MANY MANY MANY Thanks Zarko.
You, you’r blog, and your emails, are a greate contribution to the Delphi community.
Please don’t EVER stop sending us your GREATE mails, and blog posts :)
too bad there is no Delphi for Android/iPhone and other platforms

btw, a small question:
do the developers of Delphi consult with you about what the people want or about what to add?

again, thanks and blessings, for your great job Zarko :)

December 29, 2010 at 4:40 am
(11) Zarko Gajic says:

@Boz , Eitan: thanks much guys!

December 29, 2010 at 5:07 am
(12) Mick says:

I’d like to thank Zarko for his dedication in producing so much material, its obviously more time than the countless hours I have been refering to his work. many thanks

December 29, 2010 at 11:51 am
(13) ricrat51 says:

I agree with everyone here.
I would be willing to pay for a downloadable version of the almanacs in PDF.
I read Zarko regularly.
Thanks for all your efforts.
Happy New Year

January 3, 2012 at 5:37 am
(14) Jan Doggen says:

Thank you for your ongoing commitment to the Delphi community, Zarko.

January 5, 2012 at 1:15 am
(15) amnon says:

Thanks for the exceptional good work

Live long and prosper

January 6, 2012 at 12:35 pm
(16) tirebiter says:

Thanks much for your wonderful contributions to the Delphi Community. If there is a Hall of fame anywhere you should be in it!

Be well …

porgy

January 10, 2012 at 11:01 pm
(17) khosro says:

Hello there, Thank you Zarko , I hope wee will see more from you,
You are a master.

January 14, 2012 at 7:36 pm
(18) taisama says:

Hello. I need a delphi database application using MS Access for a cd store. Can anyone help?

January 1, 2013 at 6:55 pm
(19) Chuzpah says:

This is awesome, thanks for supporting the community!

January 2, 2013 at 1:16 am
(20) khosro says:

January 2, 2013 at 9:41 am
(21) Kayode Yusuf says:

Awesome job – keep it up!

Do you guys out there still feel DELPHI has a future ( how many times have i read that poser)?

I am afraid, the lifespan of DELPHI would not extend for more than 10 years – Dot Net – WPF/MVVM – seems to be gaining converts by the day!

Let’s face it – WEB/GESTURE ENABLED application is the future and DELPHI seems to be lacking in BOTH in terms of ease of use, target platforms and evolution.

Well – I may be wrong and it won’t be the FIRST TIME if I am.

January 2, 2013 at 10:45 am
(22) Igor says:

Keep up with the awesome job Zarko!