Build Data-Aware Applications with Delphi
By Zarko Gajic
- Delphi Database Programming Basics
- Using Delphi's DB-Aware Controls
- What's Your Database? Firebird, Interbase, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, dBase?
- Read and Write to Registry, XML, INI Files, Text Files, Binary Files
Delphi Database Programming Basics
Learn how to design, develop and test a database application developed with Delphi. When creating database applications you need to pick the right database for your needs, you need to pick the right set of Delphi components to connect to the database and finally you need to know how and what controls to use to create the user interface for the application. Finally, you should know how to handle database errors, how to make reports and much more.
- A Beginner's Guide to Delphi Database Programming
- A Guide to Using dbExpress in Delphi database applications
- A Guide to Using the TClientDataSet in Delphi applications
Using Delphi's DB-Aware Controls
Delphi's DB-Aware controls are the building blocks of any type of a database application created with Delphi. Data-aware controls represent data from fields in a database record, and can permit users to edit that data and post changes back to the database. Using data-aware controls, you can build your database application's user interface (UI) so that information is visible and accessible to users.
- Using the TDBGrid component (in Delphi database applications)
- Customizing the DBNavigator
- Working with BLOB (Binary Large Object) database fields with Delphi
- BDE (Borland Database Engine) Delphi Programming
What's Your Database? Firebird, Interbase, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, dBase?
Delphi provides support for various types of databases. Be it Interbase, Firebird, Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, MS Access or Excel files and pure TXT files - Delphi has means to help you build powerful applications in minutes.
- Access / SQL Server Database Explorer with full Delphi source code
- Accessing and managing MS Excel sheets with Delphi
- Interbase / Firebird with Delphi
- MS SQL Server / MSDE / Access
- MySQL with Delphi
Read and Write to Registry, XML, INI Files, Text Files, Binary Files
The data your application needs to operate on may not always be stored in a relational database. It may be stored in an ASCII text file or a structured binary file. It may even be stored in an XML file, INI or Registry. Delphi has ways to help you read and write to any data type.